Google Classroom – Step by Step Guide for Teachers
I like this video below because you can follow the steps and create your class. I have a good reason to show this video first. By now, a lot of teachers are exposed to Google Classroom. School has re-opened for some and for others, it is just around the corner. I figured you may just want a head start with Google Classroom.
This video has left out the frills and has gone straight to the point. The sound is a bit low, but I still like using the video. Here is a fraction of what you will learn:
- Setting up Google Classroom
- Creating your first Google Classroom
- Uploading a photo
- Selecting a theme
- Generate your class code to send to students
- Creating assignments
- Linking to a Youtube video
What exactly Can I do with Google Classroom?
Okay, so now that you see that it is easy to create a class and to add your students and lessons, let’s make sure you know all you can do with Google Classroom. Read about the next video and make sure to watch it. Maybe he speaks a bit fast for some of us, but, just focus and listen. You will get what he is saying.
This video was done by Sam Kary a veteran teacher and an advocate for education technology. He will leave you thinking about the following:
- Organizing Google Classroom
- Inviting students
- Using the class stream for announcements
- How to utilize and manage student comments
- Creating and setting up assignments
- How students submit their work
- Embedding Google Calendar and Google Drive
- Enabling parent notifications
You can use this video to learn about the features and to see exactly what you can do with Google Classroom.
How to add a Co-Teacher to Google Classroom
Do you need to add a teacher to your Google Classroom? Maybe the other teacher is a co-teacher. At my school we sometimes do team-teaching. The fact that teaching online is new for many teachers, then this will allow for support in the classroom as well.
If you have the need to add a co-teacher, then here is an extremely short video that teaches you to do just that.
Please stay tuned for my number one Google Classroom Video. Click here.
- Google Classroom basics for teachers
- How to add a co-teacher to Google Classroom
- How to use Google Classroom for remote teaching